Video Marketing on a Budget for Small Businesses
There can be no doubt that video is the preferred medium of the young and, increasingly, the older generation too. First it was YouTube, but now we have Snapchat, Facebook Live, Instagram Live and even YouTube live.
Look at these stats*:
- 78% of people watch videos online EVERY WEEK
- 55% of people watch video online EVERY DAY
- 500 million people watch video on Facebook EVERY DAY
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- 75% of business execs watch work-related videos WEEKLY
As a marketing tool it simply cannot be ignored but for small businesses it can be hard to know where to start, hard to budget for and even harder to find the courage to actually do it.
That’s why I’ve put together this round up of the best video marketing articles from around the web that will teach you how to do it, how to do it cheaply (or free!) and how to do it without actually getting behind the camera. I’m confident that, after reading these articles, you’ll have a sense of excitement, not trepidation, when you think of video marketing. And you’ll be brimming with ideas too.
- 4 Ways to Broadcast on Facebook Live that Fit any Budget – Social Media Examiner
- 5 Effective Video Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses – Business 2 Community
- Video Marketing Ideas: 9 Ways to Promote Video Content – WordStream
- How to Create Social Media Videos on a Budget – Social Media Examiner
- 10 Facebook Video Marketing Tips for Brands – Social Media Today
- Going Facebook Live – from your desktop – GNGR
- How to Create Social Media Marketing Videos without Appearing on Camera – Social Media Examiner
- How to Create your own Social Media Video Marketing Strategy – Sprout Social
- How Facebook Live can Super Boost your Marketing in 2017 – GNGR
- 4 Tools for Easily Creating Video on Instagram – Sue B. Zimmerman
There is enough advice in this batch of articles for any small business to get started creating marketing videos that will both work and be extremely cost effective (if not free!).
If you’re a small business owner who has already dabble in video marketing I’d love to hear about your experiences – good and bad. Leave a comment or hook up with me on Twitter.
*Sourced from hubspot.com